Wednesday, May 3, 2006

The Great Steamboat Race

It's been a long day and I'm dog tired, but I could not let the day go by without talking to my faithful readers. 

It was a great day in the 'Ville -- it was sunny and low 80's and more importantly, I was on vacation until Monday morning.  It could not have been a better day.  I arrived at a park on the outskirts of downtown at about 9:30 with some friends from college, and we had a pretty good, drama-free day.  The day would have been better if my fellow Diva had been with me, but I made it through.  It was a fairly uneventful day - we fired up the grill and had a nice steak for a late lunch and then just watched the portable TV and looked at the river rolling by until the steamboat race started.  We saw the boats twice - coming and going, and each time the Delta Queen had a bigtime lead.  I'll hopefully have some pictures to post tomorrow.

The steamboat race was rigged, I think.  The Delta Queen won by a landslide.  I think they sabotaged the Belle Of Louisville, if you ask me.  But even though the 'Ville lost, it still was a good day.  At least I didn't have to work.  That's all that matters.

No comments: