Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Slugger Field Prices

This weekend on the Food Network, I saw a cool show about food served at ballparks around the country.  The show visited a dozen or so ballparks, and showed the one food that the ballpark was famous for.  For example, at Fenway Park, it was the Italian sausage; at Yankee Stadium it was hot dogs.  Imagine my surprise when I saw the host of the show, chef Rachel Ray, at my beloved Slugger Field.  Much to my chagrin, the food that Slugger Field is popular for is the infamous fried bologna sandwich. 

The Bats opened their season this past Thursday, and I was fortunate to attend opening night, as well as Saturday night and last night's games.  As I walked around, I made note of the most popular items from the concession stands, and thought I'd share with you.  I included their prices, so you can see for yourself how we get gouged at the ballpark.  But yet we willingly go fork over the cash.  Go figure.  And go Bats. 

Nachos deluxe, with cheese and/or salsa  $4.25
Chili cheese Fries  $4.25
Fried bologna sandwich  $2.50 ($4.50 for two slices of bologna)
Slugger dog  $3.25
Smoothie in plastic Tiki glass  $8.00
Kona coffee  $3.00
20 oz bottle of Aquafina water  $2.50
20 oz bottle of Pepsi  $2.50
20 oz bottle of Gatorade  $2.50
22 oz draft beer  $4.25
Chicken strips (2) and fries  $6.00
Big dill pickle  $2.50
Cookie from The Cookie Lady  $1.50

No comments: