Tuesday, April 5, 2005

New Wheels At The Compound

I'dlike to introduce you, my faithful readers, to the newest member of our family.  It's the 'rents' new Honday Odeyssy mini-van.  It rocks.  I got to drive it on the expressway just a few hours after they bought it.  It is one smoothe ride.  When I saw it, my first question was "Does it have a vcr or dvd player?"  Much to my dismay, it did not.  Well, we can fix that with one quick trip to Sound And Auto.

We were excited over the new ride, but amid the rejoicing there was a somber moment when we got back home from the van's maiden voyage.  Mom's Minnie Mouse head that she previously had on her Blazer's antenna was a bit too top heavy for the Odeyssy's antenna.  In a brief ceremony, Mom took Minnie Mouse off of the Odeyssy's antenna and placed it on my Blazer's antenna - the handing down of an icon from one generation to the next.  She'll travel proudly on my red Blazer, Mom.  Thanks for believing my Blazer is worthy enough for Minnie Mouse.

No comments: