Friday, April 1, 2005

Please Step Aside

It's been a few weeks since I've griped about something at work.  Let me rephrase that.  It's been a few weeks since I've griped about something at work in TWIT.  The current cause for me to get up on my ZCO soapbox is how some men here congregate around the door of the ladies' restroom.  It seems to be the popular gathering place for the men to hold their meetings, or to have lengthy conversations.  I've even encountered one guy here actually standing in the doorway of the women's bathroom as I was attempting to go in.  He saw me coming down the hall and didn't even step aside until I got a foot away from the door and had to say "excuse me" to get him out of the way so I could go in and pee.

The men's bathroom is not even 10 feet from the women's, and it's located just inside a door, so there's a nice little area just outside of the men's bathroom where the guys could talk in private if they need do.  So why do they choose to gather by the women's bathroom?  Maybe they're interested in what goes on in there.  There's been a shroud of mystery about what goes on in the women's bathroom, and especially about why we go to the bathroom in twos or threes.  I guess these men stand by the doorway in hopes of overhearing us and clearing up the great bathroom mystery.  Men - you want to know what we really talk about when we go to the bathroom? We talk about you all congregating by the doors. 

Let me give a disclaimer before you all think I'm male bashing.  I am going on record and saying that I have never seen any of my male co-worker faithful readers standing by the women's bathroom.  You guys are safe.  Keep it that way. 

No comments: