Sunday, April 17, 2005

Link of the Week

I don't think anyone could truthfully say they don't mind getting those annoying telemarket calls at home.  Especially with the majority of the calls coming at suppertime.  I hate them.  When we got caller ID, we wouldn't even answer the phone unless it was a person we knew or a business/organization that we dealt with.  One of the funniest (and shortest) telemarketer phone calls that I got went something like this:

Telemarketer: Hello, I'm calling from ChemLawn. Blah blah blah blah blah
Me: I'm sorry, but I'm not interested.  We have professional lawn care service
Telemarketer: May I ask who it is?
Me: My mother

In case you haven't already gotten on the National Do Not Call registry, I urge you to do so this week.  Once we signed up for it, the number of annoying telemarket calls dropped drastically.  Plus with all of the talk about cell phone number directories being published in the future, we sure don't want a telemarketer calling us and using up our coveted peak minutes.  Just call www.donotcall.gov and follow the simple directions.  You'll be glad you did.                                         

No comments: