Monday, January 17, 2005

Thank You, Tom Brady

Yesterday was a wonderful day.  First of all, it was a day off from work; that's always good.  Second, I had Krispy Kremes for breakfast.  Could the day get any better?  Thirdy, it finally got cold again.  I love winter, and it was bumming me out the past couple of weeks with January temps in the upper 60s and even low 70s.  It snowed yesterday, too.  Not enough to use our new snowblower, but it snowed enough to say " it snowed."  I also got to take a nice hour-long nap, with no phone calls nor interruptions.  But the best part of the day came in the evening, when the New England Patriots pummelled the Indianapolis Colts into the ground. 

I'm not a huge NFL fa, but I follow it enough to have a favorite team, the Tennessee Titans, and a least favorite team, the Indianapolis Colts.  When people ask what team I root for, I tell them "The Titans and whoever is playing the Colts."  I can't stand Payton Manning, or his little brother, Eli, either.  We had Payton Manning crammed down out throats the four years he was at UT, and now the NFL continues to cram him down our throats.  Yesterday, Tom Brady and his fellow Patriots brought the Colts hype to a screeching halt with their 20-3 romp over the Colts.  Way to go, Pats. 

Even before yesterday's game, the Patriots were already my second favorite team.  I like them even more now.  I hope the Pats will walk all over Pittsburgh next week and go on to the Super Bowl.  I'd love to see them win it again.  Yesterday's playoff game was the best game I've watched all season.  I considerate that an early birthday present. 

No comments: