Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Let's Go To The Movies, Part II

Yesterday, we discussed how I don't go to the movies nor watch many on tv.  Today, I have a surprise for you, my faithful readers.  You'll be happy to know that so far in the new year 2005 I've seen 3, count 'em 3, quasi first run movies.  See - there's hope for me yet.   A friend got 25 movies on DVD for Christmas from her sister (yes, her sister copied them to DVD, but their copywrite infringement matters not to me) and she invited me and some other friends of ours from the university over on the past two Saturday evenings to watch movies.

One of the movies we watched last weekend was "White Chicks."  I'll go on record and say that I thought it was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.  You're probably thinking "Well, she hasn't seen that many movies, so . . ." Wrong.  While I don't go to the theaters nor rent many movies, I've seen my fair share of comedies over the years.  I thought this movie was just hilarious.  My favorite, and funniest, scene of the movie is depicted in the picture above - the White Chicks and their friends are having a dance-off against their rivals.  The White Chicks show the club some old school moves and when they were breakdancing and spinning on the floor, I thought I was going to fall off of the couch I was laughing so hard.  I went out the next day and bought the movie just so I can watch that scene when I need a good laugh.

I know you  might be hesitant to take movie advice from a non-movie goer, but if you haven't seen "White Chicks," I recommend it. 

No comments: