Thursday, January 13, 2005

Bring It On

Holiday Storm 2004 is just a memory, but we're all feeling the after affects of it right now with all of the flooding in this area.  The snow was more than a memory - it was a bad memory.  As my Dad and I were out in our long driveway shovelling and chipping away ice chunks the day before Christmas Eve, I vowed that this would not happen again.  In my best Scarlet O'Hara imitation, I picked up a handful of snow and said "As God is my witness, we will never shovel snow again."  It's still nothing shy of a miracle that my father and I didn't keel over from heart attacks that day as we were shovelling. 

As soon as the holidays were over, we started researching and shopping for a snowblower. We've always been a Troy-Bilt family for all of our lawn and garden needs, so that's what we looked at first.  My only requirement was that it be self-propelling;  I want the snow removal to be almost as easy as paying someone else to do it.  After a week of researching online and making calls, we found the perfect model; a Troy-Bilt, self-propelled and best of all, in my price range.  We picked it up last night, and today, it will be placed in an empty corner of our back porch. We also have a new extension cord to use for the wonderful electric start feature.  Now when the snow comes, all we will have to do is roll it down the back porch ramp, plug it in and start it up.  Now all I can say about snow is bring it on. 

P.S.  The next major purchase at the Compound will be a gas powered generator.  I've GOT to be able to keep the cell phone and laptop going during a power outage.  I can't let something like no electricity keep me from publishing TWIT. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I see some flurries out there...

What does this puppy do on ice?