Saturday, October 23, 2004

This Really Blows.....Not

If your neighborhood is anything like mine, there are Halloween decorations everywhere.  If the decorations keep growing at the current pace, Halloween will rival Christmas. 

When I was a kid, the only decorations out were pumpkins.  I would pester Mom for a month to buy our pumpkin.  But we usually got it a week before Halloween.  We wouldn't carve it and set it out until the day before Halloween, for fear some PAT would smash it on our front porch.

Now the current Halloween decoration rage is those inflatible things.  I know you've seen them in front yards - ghosts, witches, Frankensteins to name a few.  A few weeks ago I even saw a big inflatible Shrek.  I think these inflatible things are a scream; they're funny because they are usually deflated.

Last year, a house up the street had a big inflatible Homer Simpson as Frankenstein.  I passed by that house every day going to and from work, and it was only inflated a few times; the rest of the time it was in a big pile on the ground.  I guess the people just got tired of blowing it back up and just left it there.  I know I wouldn't fool with it. 

No comments: