Friday, October 29, 2004

Happy Birthday Bill Gates

Let's all take a moment and wish Bill Gates a very happy belated birthday.  At the young age of 49, he's a billionaire.  Bill attended Harvard, when he dropped out in his junior year and followed his entrepreneurial dream by starting his own software company.  You might have heard of it - it's called Microsoft.  I wouldn't be able to have my journal if it weren't for Bill.  I'd say he's done pretty good for a college dropout, wouldn't you?


So what do you get a billionaire for their birthday?  Somehow, I don't think he would be thrilled with a gift card from Lowes like most men would.  And I don't think he'd enjoy a gift card for Texas Roadhouse, either.  I think we could cross off tools and clothes while we're at it.  Bill gave away $27 billion to philanthropic organizations and charities, so I really don't think he's strapped for cash.  So that rules out tucking a twenty dollar bill inside the birthday card.  I read that in his spare time, Bill Gates likes to play bridge and golf.  So maybe he would like a few decks of cards or some golf balls.  Or maybe a few of us could pitch in and we could buy him a new card table for his bridge games. 

No comments: