Saturday, October 2, 2004

America's Walk

While I'm still up on my soapbox, I'd like to publicly thank my family and friends who sponsored me in today's American Diabetes Association's America's Walk.  Thanks to your genorisity, I raised almost $400 this year, an increase of approximately 10% over last year's total.  Last year, I was in the top ten indivudual fundraisers, an impressive feat if I do say so myself.  I'd also like to thank the Lord for giving us a cool, rain-free morning, and for giving us 1,000 walkers the energy, ability and capability to walk for our family and friends to have diabetes.  I walked in honor of my mother Minnie, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last summer.  Thanks to doctors and research funded by donations from you all, her diabetes is under control and she only has to take medication for it.  She's already said that next year, she wants to walk with me.  I'm sure with the engergy she has, she'll probably cross the finish line first. 

Each $50 raised today will fund 1 hour of research.  Your donations will pay for over 7 hours  - who knows?  During one of those hours, a cure for diabetes might be discovered. 

Thanks again for supporting me monetarily and spiritually. 

No comments: