Thursday, October 21, 2004

They're Sticking It To Us Again

Let me preface by saying that That's What I'm Thinking does not endorse any of the candidates running for office.  I just urge you to vote - I don't care who you vote for.  Personally, I think they're all shiesters to some degree.  Just take advantage of your rights and vote. 

Something is bothering me about this election.  No, it's not the mudslinging; it's not the dissing of candidates' family members; it's not the debates that cut into my network tv shows; it's all of the election bumpter stickers. 

I'd venture to guess that every other car you pass by on the road has at least one election bumper sticker on it.  I can't remember an election when people were this passionate - I've even seen homemade signs in yards and stuck in the rear windows of cars.  I give the people props for caring enough about the election to make a sign to display.  I've also seen alot of people that I know with bumper stickers on their cars - people who a few years ago, would not be caught dead with a bumper sticker on their car. 

But the part about the bumper stickers that bothers me is this: I'm afraid that all of the people won't take the bumper stickers off of their cars when the election is over. This year, I've seen more of the stickers on the actual car instead of just the bumper.  Maybe they're afraid that the stickers will tear off the paint when they take them off, so instead of risking a bald spot on the back of their cars, they will just leave them on the car.  I've also seen bumper stickers on brand new cars, too.  There's a couple of cars in our parking lot here at work, that are just a couple of months old, with election stickers on the back bumper.  They'll be running across the street to the body shop asking for some degreaser or something to get the sticky off. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

or they'll just go buy a new car...........