Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Thanksgiving Eve

 It's Thanksgiving Eve, and I'm positive women (and some men) everywhere are working on their Thanksgiving Dinner this afternoon.  

When I was a kid, Thanksgiving Eve dinner was almost as good as Thanksgiving Dinner.  Grandma would be too busy getting things ready for Thanksgiving Dinner, and on Thanksgiving Eve, my mom and dad would stop on their way home from work at Eddie's Seafood House and bring home their awesome fish and fries for us for Wednesday night supper.   Back then, we didn't get fast food every other day like a lot of us do today - a trip to Eddie's or even McDonald's was few and far between.  So it was a special occasion.

Once again, Cracker Barrel is fixing our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, so I have no excuse not to cook tonight.  But it's still early - give me an hour or two to come up with an excuse.  


No comments: