Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Hurry Up And Wait

 I came home early this morning from my BSF group meeting because the heating and air conditioning man was coming today for the annual winter furnace check.  They said they'd be here after 12:30.  As I typ this it is 4:00 and still no phone call or appearance by the guy.  As sure as I would get supper going shortly he would show up.  I hope the Old Man can hold off his hunger for another hour or so in hopes they will be here.

It's almost a waste - they come every fall and spring to check. But needless to say, we have had the furnace going for over a month now, and the same with the spring with the air conditioning.  I'm just glad this is included in our maintenance plan, so I won't have to write a big check today. 

Guess I'll go back to my recliner and wait for him to show up.  

P.S.  I'm frustrated about this, but at the same time I am thankful that we have a fairly new furnace that is working well right now while others have furnaces that aren't.   Nuff said. 

No comments: