Thursday, July 6, 2023

Under Siege At The Compound

Since yesterday morning, we have been under siege at The Compound.  A huge Mastiff dog was first under my Ranger in the carport all day yesterday.  I called Animal Control early and they finally came out at 10:00 last night.  Of course they couldn't catch the dog.  It was back early this morning - I had about 87 pictures from our security cameras of the dog walking up and down the back porch ramp.  I called Animal Control again early this morning, and the [in name only] dog catcher came just as we were finishing supper.  She was almost as worthless as the once they sent last night.  She basically said to call if the dog gets more aggressive, and try to catch her in the garage.  I'm sorry - I'm not doing that.  When I went out to get the van out this morning to go get the Old Man's prescription, the dog was barking and growling at me like crazy.  Anytime it sees me out on the back porch ramp it starts growling and barking.  

We were hopeful for about fifteen minutes when the dog ran across the road and down toward the river.  But it's back again, holding court in the gazebo - laying down like it owns it.  

I'm done with Animal Control.  Tomorrow I'm calling them back and telling them to send two people to catch the dog or I'm going to shoot it and then they can send the clean-up people out to pick it up.  

Stay tuned. 

No comments: