Thursday, February 23, 2023

Thankful Thursday

 I sure have a lot to be thankful for today. The Old Man's hearing is back to where it should be; meaning, he can hear and doesn't have to have the TV turned up so loud that you could hear it outside.  The day before his six month check-up with his primary care physician, I had decided to ask if he would ask the doctor to clean out his ears.  He said no, because he cleans them out.  So I dropped it and put it in the Lord's hands.  At the doctor, it was time for his annual check-up for insurance purposes - nothing special, just more questions that they ask other than the usual.  One question the nurse asked was if he was having any issues with his vision or hearing.  My heart stopped.  He answered "yes - my ears."  That in and of itself was a huge answer to prayer.  Then when the doctor finished listening to his heart and lungs, he checked his ears and told him there was a lot of wax in both ears.  As soon as the doctor left the office, in came a nurse and she spent about a half hour flushing and cleaning his ears.  One ear was stubborn, and the doctor came back and spent fifteen minutes diligently clearing out that ear.  He said he could hear much much better.  Fast foward to the next morning when he and I were playing our bingo game on our iPads.  He said "The sound on here is too loud - and I didn't change anything on the tablet." Then he said "I guess it's loud because I can hear." Once again, another answer to prayer.  

No comments: