Saturday, April 13, 2013

Security Tip Saturday

A week ago, I noticed a call coming in on my cell phone that I use solely for Good Shepherd Security Consulting. I got excited, thinking it might be a potential customer. I looked at the phone before answering and saw that the call was coming from Jamaica.  I wasn't about to answer it, for fear of getting socked with $$$ roaming charges.  They left a message and the voicemail told me that I had won the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes, and left a number for me to call to get my winnings.  I knew immediately it was a scam.  I did  a quick Google search and found info about the scam.  Once they get you on the phone they will do their damnedest to get a bank account number or credit card number from you.

Please be aware and let others know about this fairly-new phone scam.

Stay safe.

No comments: