Monday, April 15, 2013

Reaffirmation

Today's horrific bomb explosions at the Boston Marathon reaffirmed to me that I have made the right decision to start Good Shepherd Security Consulting.  I've been in a slump, with not having any customers, but today reaffirmed that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.  For a couple of years now I've been preaching to everyone to get over the "it's not going to happen here" attitude. Today is proof positive that "it" CAN happen here - wherever you are. 

We've got some events in the next few weeks here in Louisville where hundreds of thousands of people will be crammed into small areas -- Thunder Over Louisville, the Mini Marathon, and the apex, the Kentucky Derby.  Something like the bomb explosions at the Boston Marathon could easily happen at any of these events.  The main things that their "security" people look for at these mentioned events are people trying to sneak in alcohol. 

I pray that not only Louisville but all cities will realize that something can happen to them, and take measures to prevent it from happening.

TWIT's prayers go out to those affected by today's bomb explosions at the Boston Marathon.

No comments: