Saturday, October 4, 2008

Kamikaze Raccoons

It dawned on me this morning that I might be slightly OCD - I found myself counting the number of dead raccoons I saw on the side of the road on the way from The Compound to Wal-Mart.  In case you're wondering, the total was eight.  Yep, eight dead raccoons on the Greenbelt Highway this morning.  And that's just on an approximate three-mile stretch.  I'm sure there were probably more.

Maybe they all have a death wish this week.  It wouldn't be out of the ordinary to see two or three but eight?  WTF?  I told Dad about it and he said that with the weather being cooler at night now, more of them are out and about stirring around, and he reasoned that they just hadn't learned how to cross the road.  I have to agree with him on that one. Truer words were never spoken.

No comments: