Wednesday, April 18, 2018

No Worries Wednesday

Today is Wednesday, and North America's largest fireworks display and the kick off to the 2018 Kentucky Derby Festival is just a few days away.  Yep, Thunder Over Louisville is this Saturday.  And once again, I am not worried about going to Thunder like I was in years past.  That's because once again, I'm not going.  

I'll go to watch my beloved Bats play baseball Friday night, and then on Saturday, I will watch the fireworks from my comfortable couch.  In years past, I would be as nerved up as could be over going down to Thunder, worrying if it would rain, and worrying even more about the horrific traffic trying (keyword) to get home after the fireworks were over.  Not anymore, because I don't go.  

My friends and I had thought about going downtown just for the Bats ball game on Saturday afternoon and then going home after the game was over, but it wouldn't be worth the $$$ expense of paying for a parking spot, if we could even find one within walking distance.  So we sold our tickets and there won't be any worries at all come Saturday. 

No comments: