Friday, April 13, 2018

Flashback Friday

When I was in elementary school and the beginning of middle school, I was obsessed with reading anything by the awesome author Beverly Clearly.  My favorite books were any about Beezus and Ramona, and Henry Huggins.  I'm pretty sure I read everything that she wrote. 

Today, Beverly Cleary turns 102.  Yep, 102 years old.  And today, she is still contributing to millions of kids' readings.  Almost 100 million copies of her books have been published.  And I'm sure they will still continue to be published. 

One of my favorite Beezus and Ramona books involved the young Ramona getting in trouble for eating apples.  Her family had stored baskets of apples in their basement, only to have Ramona eat one bite out of every apple.  When asked why she did that, she told them that her teacher had said that first bite out of an apple was the best.  But I digress.  Her family did what every other family would do - they made lots and lots and lots of applesauce. 

No comments: