Thursday, April 19, 2018

Day 1 of 10 Album Challenge

My good ole friend and former band mate Darby has passed the baton to me and challenged me to post 10 albums that are my favorites. I gladly accept the challenge. The albums will be posted in no particular order.
Day 1 Rumors - Fleetwood Mac
Rumors has the distinction of being the only album that I own in every format -- vinyl album, 8 track, cassette, CD, and MP3. When the album was released in 1977, I had been playing the guitar for only a little over six months, but that didn't stop me. Night after night I would sit in the floor by the stereo with my guitar and try (key word) to play along. Then for Christmas that year, Mom and Dad got me the music book for the album and then it was game on. When I got a bass guitar in the late 80's, the album was brought out again and I played along with John McVie's parts.

I love every song on this album, and it's hard to narrow it down to just one favorite track, but "The Chain" and "Gold Dust Woman" are tied for favorites.
I'm sorry that the band fired Lindsay Buckingham last week; I would have liked to have seen the original five members perform together just one more time.

No comments: