Monday, April 23, 2018

Day 5 of 10 Album Challenge

Anyone that knows me, knows that I love disco music, so it's only fitting that the Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack is one of my top ten favorite albums. I wish I had been born a few years earlier so I could have been an "adult" during the disco era so I could have gone to the discos. But I digress. Watching it in movies and on TV was good enough for this teenager during the disco era.
Even if you can't dance, I still think you would bust a move whenever you played this double set of albums. I know I couldn't dance but that didn't stop me from thinking I could dance in the privacy of my bedroom whenever I played these two albums on my stereo.
You can't think of disco without thinking of the Bee Gees, the stars of this double album set. My favorite song by the Bee Gees (and probably in my top three disco songs) is on here, "You Should Be Dancing." Another one of my top three disco songs is also on here, "If I Can't Have You". by Yvonne Elliman. She also had another awesome song on an earlier movie soundtrack "I Don't Know How To Love Him" from Jesus Christ Superstart. 
Oddly, there are no songs on this soundtrack by the Queen of Disco, Donna Summer; that's because she had two songs on another disco-themed movie's soundtrack, "Thank God It's Friday." But once again, I digress.
The Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack won two Grammy Awards - for Album of the Year and for for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals. And rightly so.

No comments: