Friday, April 27, 2018

Day 8 of 10 Album Challenge

Day 8 of 10 Album Challenge: I Believe In Music by Various Artists
The fine folks at K-Tel put together this awesome 22 track album and released it in the fall of 1972. I remember getting my copy at Murphy's dime store at Dixie Manor Shopping Center.
The album was a combination of one hit wonders and big hits.
My favorite songs on the album were the #1 tracks on both sides - side A, "Brandy" by Looking Glass and side B, "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" by Cher. After those two songs would play, I would carefully lift the needle and skip to another song. On side A, I would always skip a few songs down to "Long Cool Woman" by the Hollies. On side B, I would skip down to "Hold Your Head Up" by Argent (one of the previously mentioned one hit wonders).
For back in the day, this album stood out because it had a total of 22 tracks on one album; that was unheard of.

No comments: