Thursday, April 26, 2018

Day 7 of 10 Album Challenge

Day 7 of 10 Album Challenge: Souvenirs by Dan Fogleberg
Souvenirs was released in the ancient of days back in 1974, and I thank my youth minister at church, Tom Scott, for turning me onto the album. He played "Part of the Plan" on his guitar at some of the youth group Sunday night fellowships. After hearing him play and sing that song, I had to get the album and learn to play it myself. And with as much as I listened to the radio way back in the day, I honestly don't think I ever heard "Part of the Plan" on any of the Louisville radio stations. It's a shame, because it's a great song. My second favorite song on the album is the last cut, "A Place In the World For A Gambler" - another song on the album that I really got into playing along with on my guitar.
Unless you read the liner notes for Souvenirs, you probably didn't know that the majority of the group the Eagles played and sang backup vocals on the album.

No comments: