Saturday, April 28, 2018

Day 9 of 10 Album Challenge


Day 9 of 10 Album Challenge: Heart Like A Wheel by Linda Ronstadt
Out of the 35 albums that Linda Ronstadt has released, Heart Like A Wheel is my favorite. The album was released in 1974, and it spent an impressive 51 weeks on the Billboard album charts.
Heart Like A Wheel is my favorite Linda Ronstadt album and one of my top ten favorite albums for quite a few reasons. For starters, it has "You're No Good" as the opening track on side one, which happens to be my all time favorite Linda Ronstadt song. The first time I saw her in concert with some friends, we all four jumped out of our seats along with the other thousands of people at the concert to give Linda a standing ovation at the end of the song. Another reason this album is my favorite is because the second track on side one, "It Doesn't Matter Anymore" was one the first song that Diva Stacy and I sang together as I played the guitar. Another big reason I love this album so much is because back in the day, WLRS would always play "When Will I Be Loved" (the first track on side two) and "Willin" (the second track on side two) back to back.
Heart Like A Wheel was nominated for four Grammy Awards, winning Ronstadt Best Female Country Vocal Performance for her remake of "I Can't Help It If I'm Still In Love With You." She sure made ole Hank proud.

1 comment:

Blgmama said...

I love her cover of Roy Orbison