Monday, April 27, 2015

The Hunt For Hogzilla

The Hunt for Hogzilla is officially on at The Compound.  Dad declared that if we didn't get Hogzilla, there would be no need in putting out a garden this year, given the fact that Hogzilla ate up half of the garden last year.  

Dad is afraid that using the trusty shotgun (aka Old Thunder) would possibly hurt his ribs and breastbone that are healing from his surgery, so he has passed the baton, er, shotgun, down to me to try and get Hogzilla. 

I was outside last night for about an hour trying to get him but to no avail.  And today, Dad and Mom made a couple of blinds for me to stand behind in hopes of getting a good shot at him, but he was just too tricky for me tonight. 

Never fear - I will not get discouraged.  As soon as I post this, I will pick up Old Thunder and go back outside to my post. 

As always, stay tuned. I will keep you posted. 

No comments: