Friday, April 17, 2015

Flashback Friday

Tomorrow marks the kick-off to the Kentucky Derby Festival with Thunder Over Louisville - the world's (what we are told) largest fireworks display.  If you remember, in years past, I would be stressing over this - trying to decide if I was going to Thunder or not with my SF's (School Friends).  The past few years have been a no-brainer.  The forecasted weather was crappy so we sold our tickets.  This year, we sold our tickets a few weeks ago, but when we found out that the weather was supposed to be awesome, my friends regretted selling our tickets.  Personally, I'm glad I sold them.  

The last time I was at Thunder was a total waste.  We parked my Blazer in the parking lot where the RV's and campers were parked, and were crammed in so tight that we barely had room to put up our folding chairs. We had no room to do much of anything, and the time we were in this area was spent sitting inside of my Blazer.   And a couple hours before Thunder started, I went to one of the Port-A-Potties, and while I was in there, a camper was backing out of their parking space and ran into the Port-A-Pottie that I was in.  Thank the Lord it didn't tump over.  But I digress.  

I've said it before and I will say it again - the only way I will ever go back to Thunder Over Louisville is if I have a room booked at the Galt House or another hotel in that area, or if I/we rent a camper or RV and park in the afore-mentioned area during the weekend.  Other than that, I'm happy to watch it from home. 

No comments: