Friday, April 3, 2015

Flashback Friday

We had almost two inches of rain yesterday, and from last night to about noon today, we had an additional 5 inches here in Louisville. This brought back flashbacks from August 2009 when the city was flooded in just a few hours time. 

An hour or two after I went to bed last night, my phone started blowing up with weather warnings about flooding and storms in our area.  The storms and rain were heavy, and they just pounded us all night and morning long.  At 3:00, I finally turned off my phone in a feeble attempt to get an hour or two of sleep, which didn't happen.  
 
Fridays are my early day, and I set out this morning on my first attempt to get to work at 5:15.  It didn't happen.  Every road I went down to get to work was flooded out and barricaded.  I went back home, thinking I would just work from home for the day, but after a couple of calls from my boss and after getting lots of text reports on roads, I tried it again and made it to work. 

I will say that my first attempt to get to work was a nightmare.  There was one time when I stupidly drove through water that was so high it should have been coming through my doors, but thanks to the Lord I made it and the old Blazer pulled on through. 

As I type this, there is still a tornado watch for our area, but according to Doplar, the rain has ended for at least a day or two.  

No comments: