Thursday, March 5, 2015

Snowmageddon, Part Two

Thanks to the Lord and to the discharge nurses at the hospital, we got Dad home last night just as the sleet had turned to snow and started to stick.  And stick.  And stick.  We got home at about 5:30, and when I went up to the corner to get his prescriptions an hour and a half later, our road was already treacherous.  The snow piled up quick and when we got up this morning, we had eleven and a half inches here at The Compound.  I am thankful I was proactive yesterday and had already made arrangements for someone to come and clear off our long driveway.  Believe me when I tell you it was the best $40 I've ever spent.  

Just a half an hour south reported a foot and a half of snow.  Dad's cousin who lives about an hour south of there said they got 20 inches.  

It's still hard to believe that:
  1. yesterday the high was 62 degrees 
  2. last night we got almost a foot of snow here in Louisville
  3. tonight, it's supposed to get down to 6 degrees
  4. next Thursday, it's supposed to be close to 70

No comments: