Thursday, March 12, 2015

New Recipe

Since Dad came home from the hospital, we've been eating "heart healthy" -- mainly low sodium.  Last week, we discovered that Cracker Barrel has a "Wholesome Fixins'" menu - hearty healthy low-calorie but high flavor items.  One of them is a corn flake-crusted chicken breast.  And Cracker Barrel even has the recipes on their menu site.  So we decided yesterday that we would like to try this.  So low and behold, I got the ingredients and made it tonight. It tasted OK but was not as pretty as I'd hoped.  And the cooking time took about twice as long.  We ate it, and the 'Rents said it tasted good.  Not sure if that was a sympathy vote for my chicken or not.  But I will regroup and try it again - next time, I will pound the chicken breasts to make them thinner so we can reduce the cooking time, and I will add more corn flakes and reduce the amount of spices.  But you know I don't cook.

No comments: