Friday, March 20, 2015

Flashback Friday

Today I was reminiscing on the old BMW.  It was a fun car, and it served its purpose -- I drove it quite a bit and kept a lot of miles from going on the old Blazer. 

I remember the first time I drove it - it was in January, and it was cold, and it took me 15 minutes to figure out how to turn on the seat warmers.  Mom was pretty impressed that her butt was getting warm in the back seat. 

Then as more people saw the car, they were impressed that it was a 12 cylinder.  I told a lot of them that the car had three times the engine than a lot of their cars had. I wasn't bragging on the Beemer - I just thought it was pretty cool that it had such a big engine in it.  I'm not ashamed to say that once on the Greenbelt, I had it up to 110 mph, just to see what it would do.  The car handled as if I was doing 40 down my street. 

All in all, it was a very fun car, and I have no regrets.  It was an awesome ride on some trips to Cincinnati and to Nashville, and I especially loved the built-in cell phone.  


No comments: