Sunday, March 8, 2015

Flashback Sunday

I've thought a lot about Grandma over the past week and a half with Dad being in the hospital.  Grandma was born on this day in 1906.  Not a day goes by that I don't think of her.  But thank the Lord they are all happy and great memories.  

This morning, Mom and Dad and I were laughing about St. Patrick's day coming up - Grandma would put green food coloring in the mashed potatoes and would make green jello.  On Valentine's Day, she would make a heart-shaped cake and would make cherry or strawberry jello.  

Grandma was a very strong-willed woman, and she followed Lord's commandment of "love thy neighbor", because in all of her years, we can honestly remember her saying that there were two certain women that she "just couldn't like".  If it's any consolation, me, Mom and Dad didn't like those two women, either.  But I digress. 

I'll end this post with one of the best quotes from Grandma "Old time friends - they're the best."  

No comments: