Monday, March 9, 2015

Monday Updates

It's been a pretty good day here at The Compound.  The Patient is still doing great.  He did say that he had some "discomfort" last night trying to find a position to get comfortable in while sleeping, due to his rib cage and breast bone being cracked open, but he said he didn't need a pain pill, so that's awesome.

I worked from home today for 3 or 4 hours, and tomorrow morning when the home health care nurse and the physical therapist are here, I'm going to try to go in to the office for two meetings.  I'm optimistic that all will be ok while I'm gone.

So, so far, so good.  It's different -- when we would have normally thought "let's just get some carry-out" instead of cooking, we are planning meals two days in advance..  But Mom and even me, the one that doesn't cook, are cooking heart-healthy things for us all to eat.  And I am so thankful that I didn't buy any Girl Scout cookies from anyone at work, and I'm even more thankful that on the few trips I've been to the store, there haven't been any Girl Scouts selling cookies.  I'm proud to say I've lost 10 pounds since I took Dad to the emergency room two weeks ago, and Dad said he's proud of me, too.  

Thanks again for your prayers and well wishes.  

No comments: