Thursday, November 24, 2011

Something To Be Thankful For

In the days and weeks leading up to today, Thanksgiving Day, we've all been reminded to be thankful.  Be thankful for our families, our health, our friends, our job, etc.  Not a day goes by that I don't thank the Lord for those things and for many more.  A couple of days ago, I was pulling into a shopping center parking lot and couldn't help but notice the large neon sign from a dentist.  The sign said "Be thankful for healthy teeth and gums."  I had to stop and think for a moment before I got out of he car to go in to the grocery store and ponder this.  Out of all of the things I have given thanks for in my life, I honestly don't believe I've ever given thanks before for my healthy teeth and gums.  But by golly, they are truly something you need to be thankful for if you have them. Without them, we would have had a pretty difficult time eating our Thanksgiving dinner today.

No comments: