Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I Have A Dream

I don't think I've mentioned this before in the years that I've been blogging, but for as long as I can remember, I've had a recurring dream that a tornado was coming.  Each time I had the dream, I could see the tornado through a window or from outside a building, and I would always wake up before the tornado would reach where I was.  That is, until last night.  Last night, I dreamed once again that I saw a tornado. Only this time the tornado actually hit while I was still dreaming.

In the dream, I was at company office, and could see the tornado through windows.  The tornado got closer and closer and then it hit while I was still dreaming.  In my dream, I could feel myself being shaken and jolted a bit, but after the tornado blew threw, I was fine. The top half of my company's office building was blown off, but I didn't have a scratch on me.  After I knew I was OK, I remember calling home on my cell phone to tell them I was OK. After a few frantic moments of dialing and dialing, I got through and told my family I was fine, and then hung up the phone.  The dream continued with me actually running across town from my demolished office building to find people that could have been hurt.  Once I reached the destination and saw they were OK, I turned around and literally ran back to my demolished office.  Then I woke up.

I know a lot of people put a lot of credence into the interpretation of dreams. I don't really get into it, but this dream was still significant to me - it was the first time in countless dreams of tornados that the storm actually hit and I was OK.  I'm not sure what it means, or if it truly means anything.  I'm just anxious to see if I have another recurring tornado dream.  As always, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: