Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thank Goodness I Forgot My Coffee

For the past three weeks, I've been going to work an hour early almost every day of the week for new computer system training.  I have clothes laid and I usually try to have my lunch packed the night before so I'm not scrambling at 6:30 in the morning trying to put something together, so all I really have to do is get dressed and grab my lunch bag and my coffee and head out the door.  This morning as I was getting ready for work, the 'Rents were both up early, and they threw me off kilter. They weren't in my way or anything, it was just that it wasn't my normal morning routine.  I left for work and got to the end of the driveway and realized I didn't have my coffee.  So I just put the Blazer in reverse and backed down the driveway and ran back in for my beloved green Tupperware glass I use as my travel mug and then I headed off to work again.

I was travelling on the Greenbelt Highway and was only about a mile from home when the cars in front of me crashed.  Thanks to my quick reflexes and the fact that I wasn't tailgating, I was able to use the shoulder of the road to get around the cars as they were crashing.  The wreck was pretty bad, from what I could see in the dark, and if I'd been going through that intersection thirty seconds earlier, I would have been one of the four cars involved in the wreck.  I sure am glad I was forgetful this morning and had to go back in the house for my coffee.  I'm a firm believer that there's no such thing as coincidence.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That gave me chill bumps!  Glad you are okay and sorry for those people that were in the accident!  Sometimes we fuss so much because our schedules get interrupted, but like I shared with my husband recently - you never know, maybe you were rescued just now!

Anonymous said...

WOW your coffee saved your life!  
make it a great day!~
         Sharon
http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor

Anonymous said...

Good karma.