Thursday, October 11, 2007

Another Ohio Valley Weather Update

I know I've written alot about the weather this year, especially this summer, but the very strange weather has been newsworthy.  On Sunday the high was 93, and Monday it was 95 -- both record-breaking days for temperature highs.  Then the front moved through, and the high yesterday was 59 -- 21 degrees cooler than the high of 80 on Tuesday.  So, the heatwave is finally over, and by the looks of the big winter coats that I saw on the way to work this a.m., winter is almost here.  I always look forward to the first cool period in the fall, because I know I'll see a few coats on the drive to work.  Granted, if I were waiting at the bus stop this morning, I would have had on a jacket (it was 50 degrees at The Compound when I left for work at 7:30), but it has to get in the low 30s for me to get the big coat out. 

While I look forward to our first cool spell of the season, mothers everywhere dread it.  Because they know that there's a good chance the jackets that they put on their kids when they left for school this morning won't make it home this afternoon because they'll be left in lockers, classrooms and on buses. 

No comments: