Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Let's Hear It For The Rain

The drought is finally over here in the Ohio Valley.  It started raining at noon yesterday and hasn't stopped since.  In the 30+ hours that it's been raining here in the 'Ville, we've had over 5 inches of rain, and a few more inches is in the forecast before this is over with.  All I can say is thank the Lord for the rain and MSD for our sewers. 

The relief from the drought in our area comes with a price, in the form of crazy drivers.  Driving home today was like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.  As if water over the roadways wasn't bad enough, we had to put up with crazy drivers who've forgotten how to drive in the rain.  I saw more near-miss wrecks on my way home today than I could count.  I just kept my foot on the gas and kept on praying that I would make it home safe to The Compound. 

And would believe that the 'Rents were out in this mess today, willingly?  Keep in mind the rain started yesterday at about noon.  Last night after supper, Mom said that she felt like a caged tiger, not being able to get outside.  So this morning, not even after a full day of rain, they put on their raincoats and went out shopping just to get out of the house.  God love them.  I wish I had half that much energy when it's cool and rainy. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only we could send some of our rain to California, so sad out there without rain in the forecast till the weekend......

We needed the rain, but I would be willing to share with ours that need it more.........like Lake Lalure (might have that misspelled but you get the picture).........

When I went to bed last night the count of house lost was 1000 + and 45 hurt with 6 deaths........so sad....so sad

Anonymous said...

I'm floored by the number of cars I've seen driving around with no headlights on.  Oddly, it's usually silver or gray cars (something odd/quirky I've observed for years) and some are practically invisible when it's dark, gloomy and rainy as it has been here.  Come on people; wipers on-lights on.