Monday, October 8, 2007

Ohio Valley Weather Update

The heat wave continues.  Yesterday, we broke the record with a high of 93.  Today, it got to 94, with about a thousand percent humidity, so I'm pretty sure that broke some kind of record.  To give you something to compare this to, for the past week, in Las Vegas the highs have been in the low 70's.  In case you forgot, Las Vegas is in the desert; the hot, dry desert.   I've seen it warm in October before, but this is ridiculous.  It's just so hot and dry now, that our yard here at The Compound is turning into a dust bowl.  I will say one thing, though - I still continue to say prayers of thanks that our good ole Trane central air unit is still working just fine.  But I just want it to get cool so I can wear my awesome fall wardrobe.  You've got to be a real woman to wear long-sleeved suede cloth when it's 94 degrees outside.  I'm badass, but I' not that badass. 

No comments: