Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Updates

I know that I'm deviating from our regularly scheduled Flashback Friday, but I've got some housekeeping to do, and it's my blog, so I can say what I want to.

First of all, I'd like to give a big shout out to one of my most faithful readers, Big Mama.  For the record, let me just say that her screen name is not actually Big Mama -- it's BLG Mama, but in different fonts, it looks like Big Mama, so that's what I call her, and she doesn't mind one bit, as long as she gets notoriety. Big Mama sent me a very cool golf shirt today, and I'd like to publicly tell her thank you very much.  I will wear it with pride, and will think of Big Mama every time I wear it.  Big Mama lives about two hours due west of The Compound, and even though that's not a very long distance, unfortunately I only get to see her in December at the company Christmas parties.  But I always make sure I sit at her table at the party so I can visit with her and her equally cool husband.  I'll give her more props and say she's one of the coolest ladies I know. Mercy.

Second, I'd like to give another big shout out to my boss BP.  Two weeks ago tomorrow, she fell on the steps going out into her garage, and broke her ankle and a bone in her leg.  It was a terrible break, and earlier this week, she had surgery to put a 6" plate going from her ankle upward.  I spoke with her today, and ever the optimist, she said she hopes to be back to work the first week in November.  We miss her bigtime, and pray that she has a quick and complete healing.

Third, an update on Pancho and Pedro.  I've had a couple of emails from faithful readers, asking how Pancho and Pedro are doing in their new home.  They're doing fine.  They've made two new friends so far - a goat and a mule.  And they have lots of grass to eat and are content down in Hardin county.  We miss them, but are glad they've adjusted to their new home and new family.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your friend Barbara's on the mend, that sounded painful!  Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you very much.......glad you like the shirt
Big Mama (to you) and only you