Wednesday, October 24, 2007

He's Mr. Heat Miser

                          

As I mentioned yesterday, the monsoon season is here and with it are cooler temperatures.  As I type this, it's very windy and the temperature is in the low 50's.  So compared to the hot weather we've had, I'll go on record and say it's cool.  Note I didn't say it's cold; there's a difference.  Ask the 'Rents or our neighbors the L family, and they'd all say it's cold.  In fact, when the L family came down for supper with us tonight, Dad had a fire going in the fireplace. (Yes, I know that's redundant; In all homes, the ideal place for a fire is in the fireplace.) 

At work today, it was like summer and winter combined.  One minute you could feel cool air coming out of the vents in our cube ceiling, and an hour later you'd feel the heat cranking out of the vents.  So all day long, we didn't know whether to be hot or cold.  It's always like that at the changing of the seasons, and when they finally flip the heat on, it will be so warm in there people will be wearing the same short-sleeved shirts that they wore in the summer.  I'm not exaggerating on this, either; my co-workers will back me up on that. 

It's my guess that the furnace will be turned on here at home either later tonight or tomorrow morning while I'm at work.  In anticipation and preparation, I closed the vents in my bedroom just in case the switch gets flipped from cool to heat tomorrow while I'm at work.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments: