Tuesday, October 4, 2022

RIP, Loretta Lynn

 The country music world lost an icon today with the death of Loretta Lynn.\

I was fortunate to have seen her in concert one time.  It was back in the mid 70's. My parents and I went with the Old Man's Uncle Paul and Aunt Sybil down to Nashville for a day at the Opryland amusement park.  At the end of the day, we went to the newly built Grand Ole Opry House for a concert by Loretta Lynn and the Wilburn Brothers. 

During the day at the park, my Sweet Mother had bought me a balloon, and I proudly carried it into the Opry House.  Our seats were up in the balcony, and it didn''t take long for the balloon to pop.  So when it did, we did what anyone else would do - we looked around, trying to divert attention from us.  I think it worked.  But I digress.

Somewhere in my boxes of pictures is a photo that I took with my Kodak 126 camera of Loretta Lynn.  All I remember is the big flowing stage gown she had on.  It is a moment I will never forget.,  

No comments: