Saturday, October 1, 2022

Excellent Customer Service

I have a gold Claddagh pendant that I have worn for over twenty years now.  I can count on one hand the number of times I have taken it off, in fact.  I've never had to clean it because it's always gotten clean when I took a shower or bath.  But I digress.  I got up during the night Thursday to go to the bathroom and discovered the chain had come undone and was barely around my neck.  I put it on the nightstand and when I got up later, I checked it out and noticed the clasp on it had broken.  So as soon as I could, I made a short trip to my favorite jewelry store over in the Beechmont neighborhood.  The jeweler said he could put on a bigger clasp for only $35.  He examined the chain, and then said that if I really wanted a new one, it would cost about $300.  He said that solid chains like the one I have are pretty high.  He said that the chain was in perfect condition, and in about 10 minutes I was back on my way home, proudly wearing my necklace.  That's what I call very good service.  

No comments: