Wednesday, October 5, 2022

My Loretta Lynn Experience

I've had the privilege of seeing a lot of country music superstars in my lifetime, and I am proud to say I saw Loretta Lynn in concert one time.  It sure was a memorable experience. 

It was in the summer of 1975.  Me, my Sweet Mother and the Old Man went to Opryland in Nashville with our Uncle Paul and Aunt Sybil.  After spending the day at the amusement park, we went to the newly opened Opry House for a concert by Loretta Lynn.  During the day at the park, my Sweet Mother bought me a helium-filled balloon that I carried around all day long with no mishap.  But I digress.  We went to the Opry house and sat down for the concert.  Loretta had sang maybe two songs, when the unthinkable happened:  my balloon popped.  Of course, we all did what anyone else would do:  we all looked around like the other people to see whose balloon popped.  I think we pulled it off.   

Somewhere in a box of my archives, there is a photograph from my Kodak 126 camera of Loretta on stage.  You really can't tell it's her, but at least I know it is.  

No comments: