Thursday, August 4, 2022

Thankful Thursday

 I went to Hobby Lobby this morning for some things for a special secret craft project I want to start, and at the big intersection at Dixie Highway, I happened to glance over at the Walgreens on the corner.  There in the grassy area by the parking lot, I saw a man I presumed to be homeless.  He was sitting in the grass, and then he fluffed/ruffled up his backpack, put it down on the ground and used it as a pillow and probably took a nap.  

Before I saw this guy, I saw another guy walking up my road carrying two big garbage bags.  On my way back home from Hobby Lobby, I saw him coming out of the laundry on my road.  

Both of these men really made an impact on me.  It took seeing them to make me realize once again how thankful I am and how blessed I am to be where I am right now.  I have a very comfortable queen-sized bed to sleep in every night in air conditioned comfort.  And even though it takes a few cycles to get my laundry dry, I have a washer and dryer in my basement to clean and dry my clothes without me having to lug them in garbage bags to the laundromat.   


No comments: