Friday, August 19, 2022

Flashback Friday

 I went down to our local 'hood fish place to get a fish sandwich for me and the Old Man for lunch, and as I was driving down the road, I passed by an old landmark: Mickey's Egg House. 

When I was a kid, if I wasn't here at The Compound, I was next door at the Jones' house.  They were a second set of grandparents to me.  In the summer when I was out of school, I would go with Alice Jones aka Muggs whenever she would run an errand, go bowling or to the beauty parlor.  One of my favorite errands was when she would go to Mickey's Egg House.  I never saw the coop where she had the hens; who knows - maybe she didn't have hens and bought eggs from someone else.  But she had a small little concrete block building, maybe 10 feet by 6 feet, and it was filled with racks of dozens of eggs.  When I looked over and saw that little egg building still on the property, it brought back lots of memories riding in Muggs' 57 Chevy to the egg house. 

No comments: