Monday, August 15, 2022

Itching Update

After we got home from the Old Man's check up this morning, I called the doctor and told him about my itching.  It didn't take him long to say it could be shingles.  Luckily I have had my shingles vaccine plus the booster last fall.  He said that could be the reason I wasn't seeing the horrid blisters that are associated with shingles. So as of right now, I am thankful for the strength of the vaccine. 

He told me to use Benadryl cream or spray, and take Benadryl in pill form for the itching, and said to call back if any rash or the little red blisters appear. 

Thank goodness as of right now, there is still no rash or bumps - just itching.  I'm getting ready to take the Benadryl pills and if it makes me fall asleep, so be it.

I'll keep you posted.  Stay tuned.

No comments: