Saturday, September 11, 2021

I WIll Never Forget

 Social media is full of stories, pictures, and remembrances today of 9/11.  I honestly don't see how anyone could forget that day.  

I was at my desk in the Purchasing department at work when my Sweet Mother called me to tell me about the plane hitting the first tower.  As we were talking on the phone, she stopped talking mid-sentence, and then her next words were "Oh dear God - another plane hit the other tower."  We talked for a couple more minutes, and told each other "I love you" and then I went to join coworkers who were scared and praying. It wasn't long till we got word that the Pentagon had been hit by a plane, and that a fourth plane had crashed in Pennsylvania.  We didn't have internet access so we couldn't get up-to-date info, but somehow my boss had found a small portable TV and he had it on his office.  I remember vividly watching with a few coworkers, and all of us gasping when we saw the two towers fall.  

Maybe an hour later, I was walking back from out in the plant, honestly thinking "is today going to be the end of the world?" When I got back to my desk, I had a voicemail message from the Old Man, telling me that he and my Sweet Mother were meeting our pastor and his wife at church, and would have it open in case anyone wanted to stop in to pray. 

Today, as we remember, I think we all need to stop in and pray.  

No comments: