Saturday, September 25, 2021

Flashback Friday

 Note: I typed this post yesterday and thought I posted it but I didn't.  

For some reason this week, I thought of something that my Grandmother always had in her purse.  It was a short, little metal tube.  I think originally, it was intended to hold some dimes in case you needed to use a pay phone (which also could be the topic of another Flashback Friday post).  But instead, my Gram always had 3 or 4 Certs mints in it.  It had a little ring with a clasp, so you could put your house key or car key on it, or clip it to your purse, which she did.  

I was telling one of the SF's about this, and she said her Grandmother had one, too.  Except she kept old school saccharin tablets in hers. 

When Gram died and we went through her things, I would have given anything if we could have found that little metal thing; I would have kept it forever. 

No comments: